TERMS AND CONDITIONS FROM HEAD EXPEDITIONS PERU TRAVEL AGENCY
TRAVEL IN PERU
head expeditions peru operates in regions where standards of accommodation, transport and services might not be those you would normally expect. However we strive, with all due care and skill, to provide the best services for our tourists. Travelling in Peru requires flexibility, patience, broad-mindedness, good humour and understanding that changes may be made without notice due to circumstances beyond our control (Force Majeure ). By booking any of our tours you agree to HEAD EXPEDITIONS PERU making necessary changes without liability.
This is any event that HEAD EXPEDITIONS PERU could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, disaster or adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, HEAD EXPEDITIONS PERU will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel the trip (this is the last option of course!).
INCREMENTS IN CASE OF PROTESTS, STRIKES, (FORCE MAJEURE): In the event of a protest / strike, which is not uncommon in Cusco, it may be necessary to leave a day or even 2 days earlier than scheduled so that we are able to comply with other services. In this case, an increment will be charged to cover costs incurred.
By booking any of our adventure trips (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay, Ausangate, Choquekirao, Lares trek, vilcabamba, ausangate, 4 lakes, short hike etc.) you assume the risks associated with them. For these HEAD EXPEDITIONS PERU accepts no responsibility.
TRAVEL INSURANCE :
We strongly advise you to take out travel insurance that covers accidents, medical expenses and emergency repatriation, including rescue and air ambulance. We also recommend that it covers cancellations and loss of luggage. Please forward a copy/ company name and policy number by email or bring the information when you come to our office, or when you meet with the staff responsible of HEAD EXPEDITIONS PERU at your hotel.
Group Discounts or fee Sacred valley Tour: If there are at least 4 people in your group, you will automatically get either: A $20 per person group discount or a free Sacred Valley tour (a Must Do in Cusco). This discount or free tour is valid for the following adventure trips: Inca Trail 4/3 group service, Lares 4/3 and Salkantay 5/4. Please note that this discount does not apply to private treks or any other trek not mentioned here.
Note: discount does not apply if less than 4 people undertake the trek (if a group member cancels).
Holiday or Election Increments:
An increment of *$30 per person is applicable for all treks (regardless of group / private option / size of group) leaving during these holidays:
Christmas (Dec 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th)
New Year (Dec 29th, 30th, 31st, Jan 1st).
An increment is also applicable in order to leave during election days (people are fined in Peru if they do not vote).
We use the increments to pay staff a bonus for leaving on their holiday or it is used to pay the fines.
SENDING YOUR MAIN DEPARTURE DATE AND BACK UP DATE:
By providing us with a main date and a back up date for your trek (classic Inca Trail, Lares, Salkantay, choquequirao, vilcabamba, short hike etc) you automatically authorize head expeditions peru to use either of these dates for your reservation. HEAD EXPEDITIONS PERU within the next 48 hours (after you have sent us your booking form and confirm deposit was made) will send you an electronic receipt confirming your trek has been officially booked and also to confirm the exact departure date of your trek.
SENDING US YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS FOR BOOKING: Your passport number and other information must be valid. Please advise if you change your passport number after booking the tour (especially for booking the classic Inca Trail as if we do not make a change in your official details, you may not be permitted to do the trek). Please Note changing passports’ numbers requires an extra fee (we are able to change passports numbers easily on our receipt but its also extremely important that we make the changes with the Inca Trail authorities)
STUDENT RATE: In order to obtain this discount you must have a valid ISIC card. It is important you scan and e-mail this to us at the time of booking and that it is valid on the date you are booked on the Inca Trail/alternative trek (you will need to show the real ISIC card http://www.isiccard.com upon your arrival here in Cusco and in Machu Picchu).
MAKING A RESERVATION AND PAYMENT OF YOUR DEPOSIT:
1. In order to make a reservation for a Tour/Trek/Trip/Rental/Service with HEAD EXPEDITIONS PERU, the client is required to make a 50% (or a minimum of $200 USD in the case that 50% of the total trip cost is less than $200 USD) deposit of the full price of Tour/Trek/Trip/Rental/Service. This deposit is non-refundable. Upon making a reservation, regardless of reservation method, HEAD EXPEDITIONS PERU assumes that the client has read the Terms and Conditions.
2. The reservation order becomes final on the date that HEAD EXPEDITIONS PERU receives the client’s deposit. Upon receipt of the deposit, a compulsory contract is in place between the client and Head Expeditions Peru.
3. All people named on the reservation order are committed to the contract with HEAD EXPEDITIONS PERU. The person who signs the contract is regarded as having the permission of all persons whose names are on the reservation order and verifies that all these people are fully aware and accept the Terms and Conditions of Head Expeditions Peru.
We require a non-refundable deposit (as mentioned above) along with your personal details (full name, passport number, gender, nationality and date of birth) at the point of making the reservation.
4. Please confirm if you want to climb Wayna Picchu (the 45 minute climb near Machu Picchu site) as it needs to be booked well in advance too; this is US$55.00 per person there are 2 time sessions: 7 – 8am or 10 – 11am – this also needs to be specified although you need to be flexible to either time. Please note, if you get the permits for the 7am start you will probably have to miss the Machu Picchu guided tour.
Payment of the deposit can be made via any of the following three options:
Visa (remaining balance can also be paid by this method).
Western Union (remaining balance can also be paid by this method).
PayPal. Balance can also be paid by this method
NOTE: The client will assume all transaction fees.
PAYMENT OF FINAL BALANCE:
The remaining balance (i.e. total balance minus the deposit paid) of the Tour/Trek/Trip/Rental/Service must be paid 25 days before the first day of the Tour/Trek/Trip/Rental/Service. Please let us know, if you anticipate any delay with your payment.
Payment of the final balance can be made via either of the following two options:
Visa (Deposit can also be paid by this method).
Western Union (Deposit can also be paid by this method).
You can pay your balance in cash and in US dollars or¨Peruvian soles.
NOTE: The client will assume all transaction fees.
CANCELLATIONS FOR DEALS
No cancellations once booking has been made and confirmed.
- Airline, rail and ferry tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable and name changes are not allowed.
- We are not responsible for the impact that an airline schedule change may have on your vacation. Therefore, we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance.
- Seat selection functionality in travel agency systems is restricted by airlines. We will attempt, but cannot guarantee, adjoining seats. Some airlines only allow seat selection upon check-in.
CANCELLATIONS FOR TREKS AND TOURS:
(1) If a client cancels within:
- -30-20 days there will be a 40% refund of total tour.
- -19-9 days, there will be a 20% refund of total tour.
- -8 days or less there will be a 0% refund of total tour.
NOTE: Your deposit is non-refundable. Any Inca Trail tours cancelled at any time are non-refundable due to the high demand and price of permits. If the cancellation applies, it will be without payment fees.
(2) HEAD EXPEDITIONS PERU must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail, so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
(3) Once the final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations (last minute cancellations in Cusco). However, there will be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, 1 bus ticket).
(4) A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request.
(5) Porter service hired cannot be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).
CHANGES MADE BY CLIENT:
The person who signs the reservation order is the only person that can make changes to the Tour/Trek/Trip/Rental/Service. A $25 USD change of order fee is charged to make any changes. Though all efforts will be made to make the changes requested, they are not guaranteed and there may be additional costs in relation to these changes.
PLEASE NOTE THAT, FOR THE INCA TRAIL, PERMITS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE, NON-REFUNDABLE, AND DATES CAN’T BE CHANGED.
CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS BY HEAD EXPEDITIONS PERU:
We always make our best efforts to carry out tours / services according to the original schedules as listed in the reservation order. However, by entering into this agreement with Head Expeditions Peru, the client accepts that necessary changes may need to be made to a Tour/Trek/Trip/Rental/Service due to predominant conditions (see ‘Force Majeure’ section above).
Head Expeditions Peru reserves the right to change or cancel any facilities, services and substitute for reasonable alternative of comparable value.
In the event of a major change, the client will be notified as soon as possible. The client will have options with regards to accepting the change.
VERY IMPORTANT (1):
We strongly suggest spending time at high altitude (above 3000 meters / 9842 feet – in Cusco or another high altitude area) for a minimum of 3 to 4 days before undertaking your trip. This is in order to minimize the possible effects of altitude sickness. Also, you can help your body acclimatize by drinking plenty of liquids, adding a bit more sugar to your drinks, eating food rich in carbohydrates, avoiding cigarettes and alcohol, and drinking coca (ancient traditional leaf) tea. Diamox can also be helpful – please ask your doctor about purchasing any medications before traveling.
VERY IMPORTANT (2):
We recommend you arrive in Cusco, 48 hours or more before trek departure because occasionally, we need to leave earlier than scheduled in case of strikes or other events out of our control (see ‘Force Majeure’ section above).
ABOUT THE BRIEFING:
The night before your trek, there will be a pre-trek talk (briefing) in our office at either 6:30pm or 7:30pm (exact time will be confirmed upon your arrival or by email). A duffel bag will be provided at this time, if you have paid for an extra porter for your Inca Trail or if you are doing an alternative trek.
Before coming to the briefing, please have a look our packing checklis in which you will find all the thing you will need to take for the trek or tour.
Thanks again for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you in Cusco!
HEAD EXPEDITIONS PERU TEAM